Volunteering at SGM
What is a school without the wonderful volunteers who give of their time and talent to help the students in so many ways. How can you help the school?
- Volunteer to be a mystery reader
- Volunteer to supervise the library
- Volunteer to work with the primary students Kdg., 1, and 2 in Center City
- Volunteer to be an OASIS instructor (opportunity for seniors to come back and spend time reading with students who need that extra TLC as they begin to read)
- Volunteer through APT (Alliance of Parent and Teachers) to be a room parent, help with school parties, be part of the family mentor program, and many other activities that would not happen without the help of the parents.
- Volunteer to chaperone on field trips
How do you sign up? First of all, you will need to complete the “Safe Environment--Protecting God’s Children” workshop through the archdiocese. Once that takes place we would encourage you to watch for, complete or attend the following:
- The teachers will contact the parents in the classroom at the beginning of the year.
- Attend the May APT Meeting to begin signing up for volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the APT form included in the August mailing
- Check the newsletter weekly for volunteering opportunities
We look forward to your help!